Bachelor of Science in Marketing
A marketing degree provides graduates with a variety of career options ranging from advertising, to marketing research, to sales and retailing. Marketing encapsulates a broad range of specialist areas including generation of creative ideas, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, and consumer behavior.
A bachelor of science degree provides graduates with an extensive range of career options that are creative, analytical, or applied in nature. These include advertising, branding, communications, events planning and organization, public relations, direct marketing, marketing analysis, marketing research, internet marketing, sales, and retailing.
The Marketing program is transfer-friendly for graduates who have received an AS or AAS degree from a two-year institution.
Graduates will be able to demonstrate
- analytical and critical-thinking skills with direct application to business environments;
- the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in personal and business communication;
- an ability to effectively apply human relations and team dynamic concepts in professional and business environments;
- the ability to value diversity and apply global multidisciplinary concepts in business and industry;
- skill in the use of technology and computer software applications in business and industry;
- capability to apply ethical and environmental values to general business principles and practices;
- an understanding of the importance of having a consumer orientation and demonstrate how to effectively establish, develop, and maintain business relationships;
- working knowledge of technological and global developments that are changing the scope of the marketing discipline.
Financial aid is available for eligible students. Students must fill out the FAFSA form in order to apply. Use code 004069 when applying for financial aid for this program.
University of Minnesota, Crookston offers additional information on financial aid.
UMC Financial Aid Office
800-862-6466 ext 8569
Fax: 218 281-8575
170 Owen Hall
2900 University Ave.
Crookston, MN 56716